Wednesday, September 16, 2009

#82: All in one technology

I just have AT&T Uverse installed in my new place. This service bundle up my phone, Internet and TV in a very affordable price.  Affordable in the sense that I am paying just a fraction from what I used to pay on my DirectTV service.

The Digital TV is definitely a great experience. For instance you can pause, rewind or forward whatever you're currently watching. This service also includes a DVR (Digital Video Recorder). The DVR comes handy when you can't make it on time to view your favorite show. Although I'm not a couch potato, I do have a few shows that I cannot afford to miss like the Monk Series and some good comedy sitcoms.

The Internet  access is quite fast and reliable so far. This service provides a router with built-in 4 port switch (for your desktop) and WIFI access (for your laptop) for free. So no other device is needed.

As for the phone service. Well it's a phone. An added feature though is that you can have access to your voice-mail and review call history on the web. So far there's no iPhone apps to control your phone service.

According to the technician who installed my service, the connection is through fiber optic. But only up to the MPOE (Minimum Point Of Entry) of the service provider. Copper wire is still being used when it goes into your house. If you want to check on this service there's an online tool  to determine availability in your area.

So far am impressed and I hope I remain as such. Otherwise there's always other providers like Cox or Time Warner.

No comments:

Post a Comment