Thursday, September 3, 2009

#69: MMS via your iPhone, is this good?

AT&T the exclusive carrier for iPhone in the U.S. just announced that MMS (Multi Media Service) will be available on Sept. 25.

AT&T, everyone's favorite phone company to hate lately, has finally set the date for MMS availability on the iPhone. Multimedia messaging will debut for U.S.-based iPhone 3G and 3GS users on September 25, AT&T says. All you'll have to do is download a software update, and you'll be in business.
When I switched to the iPhone few months back I was kinda surprised with the lack of MMS support. After all other carriers like sprint, verizon and t-mobile have been offering MMS.

The bad thing about this MMS is it will further slowdown the already congested AT&T network. I find myself cursing sometimes when my phone just wouldn't load web pages or even fail to retrieve my mails. So much for 3GS.

Everyday I get frustrated with my iPhone, i move closer to ditching it and going back to blackberry.

note: Here's a tip when you're experiencing slow connection. In your iPhone setting, turn ON "Airplane Mode". This will temporarily disconnect you from the network, wait for a few seconds then turn OFF the "Airplane Mode". You should now get a better connection - works all the time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment