Wednesday, September 30, 2009

#96: Hold On Hold Out

Hold On Hold Out probably brought out the best of Jackson Browne as a poet. Listen to the song here or read the lyrics here. The last cut from the Album Hold Out, this song features a spoken confession to a girl.

You're a hold out. Well I'm a hold out too. But it took me all this time to figure out something you already knew.  Will love be true? Can it pull you through? How long? How strong? Some things depend on you.

See-- I always figured I was gonna to meet somebody here and I don't know why, why should love suddenly come down and just sweep me away. I want to fly but there are so many things in my way.


Anyway...I guess you wouldn't know unless I told you. I.. I love you... And just look at yourself--I mean what else would I do?

Here's the live video (listen closely at 5:28)



Can't view the video? Click here for the original post.

No comments:

Post a Comment