Wednesday, September 9, 2009

#75: Panchet

My father once told us what or where did he get the name "Panchet". I am referring to my brother Francis Bringas' nickname.

He said he got it from the famous Argentine revolutionist Ernesto "Che" Guevarra.

Ernesto "Che" Guevara (June 14, 1928 – October 9, 1967) commonly known as Che Guevara, El Che, or simply Che, was an Argentine Marxist revolutionary, physician, author, guerrilla leader, military theorist, international statesman and major figure of the Cuban Revolution.

He was executed by CIA-assisted Bolivian forces when he tried to led a revolution.
Make sense, I should say because my brother was born a week before Che was executed. So maybe that time Che's name was a household buzz.

Knowing my father's good humor, he then ended his story by saying that when my brother grew up, instead of being "Che" he became "Tse" (hmmp!).

Seriously though, my father may have consciously envisioned that Panchet will be like Che Guevarra, a revolutionist and will be a major figure.

Unfortunately, my father didn't live long enough to witness his youngest son achieving just that.

Panchet not only passed the education superintendent exam, he did it in style by being the youngest

Following the footsteps of his mom, Francis Bringas who is currently the Principal of Abra High School, recently passed the rigorous Superintendents Examination of The Department of Education(DepEd).

Mr. Bringas, a UP graduate, was the youngest at the age of 40 and only Abrenian who passed out of 1,361 examinees. The examination is so tough that only 140 successfully made it.
A couple of days ago, he was officially sworn in as an Assistant Superintendent in our own Province of Abra. A position once held by my mom. I'm sure in no time, Panchet will soon take the top post.



Everyone in the family is proud of our brother Che or Tse. Of course behind every son's success is the mother. I'm sure my mom is all smiles these days and see her legacy lives on with her son the superintendent.

No comments:

Post a Comment