Thursday, July 2, 2009

#6: Two birthdays and maybe something else

Tomorrow, I will start my 10 day vacation. I'm not going anywhere though. I will be home most of the time with my kids. I do this every year not only because I need it, but more important it's the week where my kids Deirdre and Nadire will be celebrating their birthdays.

Deirdre will be turning 16. "I don't want a party, I am a party pooper ", she said. All I want is a Mac. Ouch! pretty pricey for a gift. I told her, I can't afford it at this time but am working on it (thanks a lot Steve Jobs!). She said "Fine I can wait".

Nadire is the opposite. She'll be turning 12. She loves parties. She gets invited all the time. She invites friends to the house even when there's no party. She gets bored if she doesn't go out. She had planned her birthday party 3 months in advance. In fact her birthday will last for two days. The first day, she and her friends will go laser tagging. The party will then move to our house for a back yard camping until the next day. And guess who's baby sitting these wild kids? ahem!

Two birthdays in 10 days is not that all bad. But of course I will have some time for myself as well. Get some sleep, get to the gym earlier, maybe read a book (nah!), catch a movie (definitely - last movie I watched was slumdog milllionaire) or maybe, just maybe I can finally put up a test website of a new abrenian.com (the site needs a major face lift) using elgg - a facebook/myspace/friendster-like social networking software.

Kids' birthday parties will definitely push through. The rest? I'll just play it by ear.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, girls! Love Tita C

    ReplyDelete
  2. after the new abrenian.com (major face lift), kung puwede mga "virus" naman sa Abra and i-delete mo? thanks.

    ReplyDelete