Thursday, July 16, 2009

#20: Chichacorn and the magic jack saved the day

Often times I suffer from brain drain. It's a situation where I just want the day to pass without doing much effort. It was like everything is blurry and in a very slow pace.

It's my first week back to the office after a brief vacation and I'm already exhausted. I was ready to call it a day until the chichacorn saved the day. I got a bunch of these delicious treats from my Brother Dennis together with some kiko (Francis Magalona) shirts. My brother sent the package through his co-worker (Sunday) who's in town. Sunday even gave me some dried mangoes and a cookies & cream flavored polboron (never thought it existed but my kids loved it).

Back home, I called my brother's magicjack to thank him but found out he's in Malaysia. I got my mom instead. I forgot she's in Manila (I talked to her just two days ago)

We talked for about an hour (who cares, it virtually free anyway) as we exchange news here and there. I finally bid adieu to my mom...as I explained my kids need to go to their Taekwando practice.

As I hang up the phone, I realized it's not a bad day after all. Now am sitting, watching TV and on my second pack of chichacorn...

5 comments:

  1. hi manong eric,do you think magicjack will work here in saudi to PI? THANX...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should work. Buy two one for you and one in the phil. You will have both a US phone number. Then you can talk all you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch ur diet. huwag masyado sa delicious treats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rakit

    don't worry...it will be another year when I'll get a chance to munch on these treats!

    ReplyDelete