Monday, July 6, 2009

#10: A glimpse of the past

My whole family love humor. My late dad had endless jokes and often times he would talk about priests and nuns. There were times when a storm would knock off power for hours at night and we would light candles and snuggle with each other as my dad would belt off story after story until we would fall asleep.

I also remember when watching sitcoms became a happy family event. I remember, we would sit around and watch our favorite sitcom just after dinner. Although there's been a lot of instances where my dad would dooze-off in the middle of the show.

Anyway, definitely a family favorite was the local sitcom "John and Marsha". I just love Dona Delilah's sermon "Kaya ikaw John...magsumikap ka!". But for foreign shows, there where several. "Three's Company" was definitely a must. Different strokes, Doggie Hauser MD, The Cosby show and my mom's favorite "The Golden Girls".

Except for Three's Company, I never watched the finale of the rest of the shows i mentioned, until today when I caught the finale of The Golden Girls - in a nutshell, Dorothy married Blanche's uncle Lucas after Blanche set them up for a date. Dorothy and Lucas moved to Atlanta. Sophia decided to stay with Blanch and Rose in Miami.

I love watching old sitcoms because it reminds of the good times I shares with my family. I really miss those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment