Wednesday, November 25, 2009

#152: Test drive the new abrenian.com site

I started abrenian.com back in 2002 as a hobby to learn web technology. Little that I know, that the site would become the most widely (even controversial) read website for Abrenians around the world. The site has become a major source of information for Abrenians living abroad.

Through the years, the site had undergone a couple of make-over to keep up with the technology at hand. And for the past few weeks, I have been working (on my spare time) on a completely redesigned website. The new site is currently accessible at group.abrenian.com and it's still on beta testing.

The new site uses elgg, an open source social networking software with features similar to popular sites such as facebook, myspace or friendster.

I invite everyone to test drive the site and would appreciate your feedback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment