Wednesday, November 11, 2009

#138: The Suns are rising again

I posted a question earlier on who's going to be our NBA team this season. I've caught some games for the past weeks and I wasn't sure who it's going to be.

Until recently, I checked the team standings and was surprised a quick start by the Phoenix Suns. Right now they are at the top together with the Boston Celtics.

The Suns was my team for a couple of years because of their high-octane playing style. The Suns would run and gun for 48 minutes. It was an awe watching them. Until they acquired the Big Shaq last year, who not only slowed down their style of play, but also affected other players because of his antics.

Today I made a point to watch them play against the New Orleans Hornets. And boy I was amazed how they played. Led by the two time MVP and most popular Canadian point guard Steve Nash, the Suns run around the Hornets with back breaking fast-breaks, pick and rolls (with the rejuvenated Amare Stoudemire)  and booming triples.

By the end of the 2nd quarter, Suns had scored 75 points and midway in the 3rd, the game was already decided. They went on to win by 20 points.

The Suns are back and they are running and on the rise again. And I'm back cheering on the side line. Now if I can only convince Deirdre

No comments:

Post a Comment