Thursday, November 12, 2009

#139: How to tame a turkey?

Thanksgiving is in two weeks. This will be our10th thanksgiving since moving to the U.S. And each year, I never had a chance to cook anything since we either get invited or someone would cook for us.

Not that I don't want to cook. I know how to cook (I guess). However the mere site of an imposing turkey makes me think twice of even trying to shove it in an oven. All these years I was able to evade such situation.

But this year, the inevitable is about to happen. I decided that we are staying home for thanksgiving. This means I will be confronting the great bird in my kitchen.

I have two weeks to prepare for war. I've though of some strategies. Maybe a run and gun technique like the Phoenix Sun or a triangle offense from Phil Jackson. I could open using a Sicilian Defense or a rope-a-dope like Mohammad Ali. I would still have time to read Sun Tsu's Art of War or borrow Miami Dolphin's Wildcat offense.

Too many options at this point. Obviously I would need to decide my right move quickly. A little help here!

No comments:

Post a Comment