Friday, November 6, 2009

#133: My plate's full

I'm having a hard time deciding what to write. It's one of those days that I feel like doing nothing after a hard day's work.

As always, my day starts by dropping off Nadire to school at 7:30 AM. My work doesn't start till 9AM so I had all the time to prepare.

My plate is full and projects keep piling up. First order of business in the office on fridays is a teleconference with our developers in implementing ClearHealth in our Clinic. Next is a new project to develop an online survey system based on LimeSurvey to be used by the sdAPI project. Another is a VOIP implementation of Elastix for a small business. Elastix is a tough nut to crack.

Later in the afternoon is another brainstorming session for my SimpleTransactions project which will soon be launched in December.

In between these craziness, I caught a glimpse of a scene from the movie "Erin Brockovich" (fast forward to 6:27)
Ed Masry: What makes you think you can just walk in there and take whatever you want?
Erin Brockovich: They're called boobs, Ed.

By the time I was done, it was 6PM and I have to rush back home to have dinner with the kids. Josh is out watching his school's football game. Nadire's out with her friend. So it was just me and Deirdre. We decided to go for Vietnamese food this time.

So many things to do, so little time. Can't wait for the long thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment