Thursday, November 26, 2009

#153: How to tame a turkey - The Finale


In my earlier post, I promised that I'm going to tame a turkey. Today's the day and here's the blow-by-blow account of my battle with the great bird:

9:30am: I woke up a little sore and nursing a slight cold. Ok I'm trying to find a way out.

10:30am: Ate Breakfast (bacon and egg) with Nadire. Deirdre and Josh as usual has already eaten much earlier.

11:30am: Run out of drinking water. Quickly swing by refilling station.

12:00pm: Review my game strategy (Ok the recipe I should say.) Took a quick shower to take out some tensions building inside me.

12:30pm: Lay down the 12 pound Turkey on a tray. nothing fancy, just glazed turkey with some olive oil and sprinkle with just enough salt (NOT to much sodium- Deirdre). No stuffing too. what the heck is a thyme




1:00pm: "I'm hungry" - Deirdre. Whoa! turkey won't be ready in 3 hours? No worry, I brought a backup. Fully cooked Ham


1:30pm:We started to continue watching the Korean Soap Opera Glass Slippers.

2:00pm: Turkey is ready for the chamber. Oven is heated at 400F


2:30pm: Continue watching soap opera (episode 9 is playing). Lower oven temperature to 350F

3:30pm: Deirdre and Joshua seems to want to eat Nadire.


4:30pm: Is it done yet? No!!!. Eat some more Ham. Lower down oven temperature to 225F.


5:00pm: Come On! It must be ready now? We want to eat Nadire's lips now! Continue watching Episode 11.


 5:30pm: Ding! Timer's done! Voila! Here's your Bird! Hot, crisp, brown and juicy!


Yes I know. My carving skills sucked!


Prime parts for the cook. Leg, wing, neck and the tail! Can't find the gizzard and liver!


The Cook: Come on guys be honest! How is the birds? Kids: Perfect!

6:30pm: Drove to the movie theater and watched Ninja Assassin. A fitting finale for a great day with my kids and a sweet victory for me!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

P.S. Did I mention there was a slight bobo on my part! the gizzard and liver were left inside the turkey with the plastic still in-tacked! ooppppssss :-( . alright it's my first turkey so give me a break, will yah?

No comments:

Post a Comment