Tuesday, October 27, 2009

#123: Who's going to be our team?

Today's the opening of the 2009-2010 NBA Season. I caught the game between the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers. There were some new guys on both teams. Shaq for the Cavaliers and Wallace for the Celtics.

As I was watching the game, Deirdre sat beside me and asked "So NBA is back, who's gonna be our team this time?". Aren't we going for the Orlando Magic just like last year?", I asked back. "Mmm probably not, they don't have the original players like last year anymore", She answered. "So who are we going for then?", I asked curiously. "I don't know, who do you think?", she asked again. So I started to name some teams.

Dad: Hey what about the Boston Celitcs? I love to see them play when we go to Boston
Deirdre: I don't know anyone from that team.
Dad: Well Kevin Garnet is back
Dierdre: Don't know him
Dad: Ok, what about the Spurs, they have Tim Duncan and Tony Parker
Deirdre: Is he still married to Eva Longoria?
Dad: I think so, he's French
Deirdre: Maybe
Dad: Then let's go for the Lakers
Deirdre: yuk! I don't like Kobe
Dad: Yeah me too.
Deirdre: Shaq is still playing?(referring to the current game) Isn't he like 100 years old?
Dad: I think he's 37
Deirdre: He should stop playing
Dad: I agree. We can always go back to the Magic
Deirdre: But the team is not the same anymore.
Dad: Hey what about the Hornets! Nah I don't like Cris Paul
Deirdre: I don't know dad, I think let's just wait for the playoffs then we decide
Dad: You're right
Deirdre: Let's go (referring to Taekwando practice), am driving
Dad: here you go (tossing my car key to her)

So for now, the choice of our NBA team is up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment