Friday, October 9, 2009

#105: A friday night out

What does a single father do on a Friday night? A romantic dinner date? Bar hopping? A good movie perhaps? try again. Well what about a night out with a bunch of 12 year olds.

Tonight I was the designated driver for my daughter Nadire and her friends (kathy, Jenny and Darlene) to visit the haunted trail in Balboa Park. I've never been to this place but I heard it can scare the hell out of you.

We had problem finding the place even with my garmin GPS and the iPhone in hand. But after driving around the park we finally found it. The place is packed, mostly teenagers. Parking was a challenge as well.

I decided not to go in and told them that I'll just wait in the car. Few minutes later, two of Nadire's friends (kathy and Jenny) came back and told me they couldn't take it. It was too scary for them they said. Nadire and Darlene (with much hesitations) went ahead.

Together with her two friends, we probably waited for about 45 minutes. I tried to entertain them both so they won't get bored. Believe me you don't want to get stucked with bored kids on a friday night. Finally, Nadire and her friend finally came out panting and still pumped up with the experienced. She said the place was awesome, really scary at times but all in all it was fun.

later, I decided to treat them for a night cap at iHop. Well it was more of a dinner and even pretended it was Kathy's Birthday to get a a complimentary ice cream.

As I was paying the bill, the waiter smiled and asked if everything was ok. I said it was all good. "Are those  your daughters?", he suddenly asked. Probably wondering about these lovely kids together acting like their sisters. "Yes they are, they are sisters from different mothers", I said as I turned towards the door trying to hold myself from laughing.

He shouted back "you're my hero!".

No comments:

Post a Comment