Saturday, October 17, 2009

#113: Paranormal Activity, The big hype

My kids and I just came home from the movies. Yes we decided to watch the movie Paranormal Activity after I wrote about it yesterday.

I wasn't surprised that the movie house was packed as I figured most of those who came are as anxious as I am and see what's the big hype about this movie.

The movie seems to drag on for the first half hour with no action at all. But slowly pick up the tempo a little bit half way through. There were some moments when some at the audience jumped out of their sits. But there were more reactions towards some funny lines by the actor.

We left the movie still puzzled how this film became a sensation. Maybe it's because people are curious how an $11,000.00 movie made it to the big screen. Maybe because the film maker made it appear to be a reality show.

It's still a good movie to watch considering that the total production was done in just seven days. But for me it's definitely not the ultimate scary movie. Maybe if I believe in paranormal being, I would change my perspective.

That's all there is to it - a big hype

No comments:

Post a Comment