Saturday, July 18, 2009

#22: Orange Belt

It was a big day for Deirdre and Nadire. Today, they completed their testing to move from white belt to orange belt in taekwondo.

My daughters started their taekwondo class 6 weeks ago. They practice 3 times a week under the eagle eye of Master Kwon, a Korean grandmaster and his assistant Mr. Dan Resurrection, a Filipino fourth degree blackbelter (see photo below).

So far their are enjoying every bit of it. I can see in their eyes the motivation to reach the goal of being a blackbelter. That's 2-3 years of hard work. Quite a tall order, but as sit in the sideline each time (Master Kwon has been urging me to join them- so far i resisted), I know that they will go all the way.

The class is not cheap, but I see this opportunity as a great investment for their future. Aside from being able to defend themselves in times of trouble, it will certainly improve their confidence and discipline to face the world on their own.

To my daughters Saranghabnida (I Love you). And to Master Kwon and Dan, go'mahp'sum'nida (thank you).

No comments:

Post a Comment