Sunday, July 19, 2009

#23: Short Summer

It's getting hotter each day. Summer in San Diego is in full force as the mercury keeps rising. But it's a short one at least for my kids.

Summer vacation has been shortened from 10 weeks last year to just 6 weeks this year. Frankly it's better for me and for the kids.

See, my kids tend to get bored if idle for a long time. After the first few weeks of vacation, they turned grumpy, restless and absolute irritant at times. They start to whine often and turn the house into a mess. Words like "I'm bored", "Nothing to do". "Well why don't you clean your room", I said. "But that's not fun!!", is always the reply.

This year, the whining and the yawning is conspicuously absent in their vocabulary. Due to the short summer, they have not reach their boiling points yet. And they never will as they are going back in just a couple of days.

Josh will be a senior, Deirdre a Junior and Nadire is starting in middle school. they've been busy attending school orientation and finishing up summer works.

But of course to me back to school means breaking my piggy bank...

No comments:

Post a Comment