Saturday, July 4, 2009

#8: Serendipity on the web

Serendipity (not the movie by John Cusack) according to wikipedia is the effect by which one accidentally discovers something fortunate, especially while looking for something else entirely. Often times this happens to me a lot when I am on the web finding something.

Today, I downloaded a program called winscp, a program i normally use to access my remote linux servers. As I started installing the program, I was asked if I want to install Flock too. Flock? I have no idea what it is but it sound harmless, I thought. So sure why not.

After some few minutes, the installation was completed. I have my winscp and flock. I fired up flock and what do you know, it's an internet browser. As I play with the program a little bit, it looked like it was designed to streamline interface with popular social networking sites, video sites, photo sites and webmails.

Digging more information, flock actually was built on mozilla firefox code according to this review from cnet.

My first impression is that it's a little bit overwhelming at first because there's to many icons. it may take me sometime to get used to it. Flock maybe useful to social networking junkies who want to have a convenient screen to access all their accounts.

Try flock and who knows you might love it. Now back to my winscp, gotta start building the new abrenian.com web 2.0 beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment