Friday, September 11, 2009

#77: Don't get sick

I caught Pres. Obama's speech on the U.S. Health Care last Wednesday.  I was very interested since I have been involved with the Health Care Industry for quite a while.

I work for a non-profit community health center and I have a first hand witness on how this system is so broken. I couldn't believe at first that there's so many Americans who are either uninsured or under insured but it is the reality. What is more startling that these are not just the poor but actually in middle class. These are people who have jobs but cannot afford to get insurance either because it's to expensive or got refused due to pre-existing conditions.

Obama speaks of the truth when he said "I have no interest in putting insurance companies out of business. They provide a legitimate service, and employ a lot of our friends and neighbors. I just want to hold them accountable."

But of course, these very rich insurance companies will do everything to protect their business. They will not go down without a fight. They want the system to remain the same.

In the meantime, as the debate rages in this country, you are not allowed to get sick. If you do, you are screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment