Wednesday, September 23, 2009

#89: The Boss turned 60

I was listening to the Dave, Shelly and Chainsaw (DSC) radio program on 101.5 kgb on my way to work today when Dave announced that today Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen turned 60.
Bruce Springsteen turns 60 today, an age at which the idea of still playing rock 'n' roll once seemed as remote as still primping for the prom.

 I've been wanting to see Springsteen perform live since I arrived in the U.S. Few years back I almost had the chance to see him in a concert in L.A. but for some reasons or another I didn't make it.

Anyway, the DSC program played "Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" as a tribute to Springsteen. The Boss may have been thinking about San Diego when he composed this song,

I know a pretty little place in Southern California down San Diego way
There's a little cafe where they play guitars all night and day
You can hear them in the back room strummin'


The Boss ain't getting younger, my time is running out. I got to see him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment