Monday, September 28, 2009

#94: Does she deserve the Mac?

I've been wanting to try the Mac for a while. Last friday I finally did and bought one. But then it wasn't really me it's actually for my daughter - a very late late birthday gift.

I was actually more excited than her that I didn't order it online. Instead I took her to the Fashion Valley Apple store so we can take it home right away.

She picked the 13-inch Mac Pro with some memory upgrade, a video editing software and a 3 year protection plan. The total cost made me almost drop to the floor. As the teller swiped my card to do the transaction, I had the urge of stopping her and just grab my card back and run for my life.

But then I look back at the reasons why I'm doing this for my Daughter. The first and foremost is Deirdre's a consistent A+ student from elementary up to this point (she's in Junior High). She would study for hours everyday (including weekends and holidays). She also excels in sports like Tennis and Taekwondo. She learned Japanese and Korean language on her own. She can learn a new piano piece in one sitting. She can name all the Presidents of the United State, what year they served and their party affiliations. She can remember the value of Pi up to the 60th place. She made up her mind and go to Harvard Medical School and eventually become a Neuro Surgeon. And yes, I love her cookies.

I looked back at her and smiled, I grab a nice computer pouch and told the teller, "Can you add this please, she needs it".

No comments:

Post a Comment