Friday, September 4, 2009

#70: Quiet dinner, priceless

Friday night is always a dinner out for me and my kids. Even before I leave the office, I would start texting them and plan what to eat and where. But this time though it's only Deirdre who is available. Nadire text me after her school and said she's going to her friends house. Yesterday Josh told me he can't make it either since he's watching their school's first home football game.

I text Deirdre and said "looks like it's just you and me tonight". She called be back and said for me to hurry since she's starving. We decide to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant, the golden house.

We ordered quite quickly since we were both hungry. In between bites, we talked about what's going on at school (she just got her grades with 4.68 GPA average), my work (I said the usual stuffs), what movies are out, Monk is on tonight, why she quit tennis and enjoys karate more.

Total bill tonight: gas $20.00. Tofu vegetable, hunan shrimp, peking duck, two cups of tea and a bowl of steam rice $33.50. Pineapple sherbet $2.75. tip $5.00.

Having to spend time with my daughter on a Friday night? PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment