Saturday, August 29, 2009

#64: Being in my parent's shoes

Tonight is Josh's homecoming party at the Mariott off Coronado Island.

I offered to drive him earlier but was met by a big chuckle. Well it was expected. After all he's 17 and already drive his own car. So with so much reluctance I let it go.

It's quite unbelievable how time flies. Just some 25 plus years ago. I was in my son's shoes. I was a carefree teen. Endless parties and countless sleepovers. Not knowing that someone dear to me is home having sleepless nights whenever I'm out, my mom and dad.

I never understand then what's the big deal for being out all the time. I would reason out that I hang out with the correct crowd. I try to be careful and more important, let them know my whereabouts. But this would never make them feel at ease. There were countless times when my mom couldn't wait for me that he would walk around town and try to find me.

Now it's my turn to be on my parent's shoes. I'm sitting here trying to watch TV. I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee. It's almost twelve midnight and he's not home yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment