Thursday, August 13, 2009

#48: Bleed Normally?

I just came back from a 2 day Open Source World conference in San Francisco.

In a nutshell, the conference showcased the next big thing in technology which is Cloud Computing. I did talked about this technology earlier in this post and it looks like a wave of companies are getting into it. Pretty soon, the cloud will most likely dominate the way we do business online.

Anyway, it's always a great experience attending this type of conferences. You got to see emerging trends that could spun a new revolution in the computing world.

It's been two years since I last visited San Francisco and each time I didn't had a chance to see the city. Although, I was surprised to see a Jollibee just across the Moscone Center on 4th and Howard. I quickly snap a picture of it.



The trip is quite hectic. I spent most of the time in the conference center, going in and out of the countless sessions. Information is enormous. It would take me a couple of days to review all the materials I gathered. By mid afternoon on each day, I was struggling to keep up and what made it worse is they stop serving coffee after 10am.

By the time I finally boarded the plane back to San Diego, I was so exhausted that I thought the stewardess said on the intercom "...although we don't expect any change on the cabin pressure, if needed, oxygen masks will drop down. Clobber your mouth and bleed normally" (the correct phrase was actually "Cover your mouth and breath normally").

I let out a short chuckle, closed my eyes and relish the thought that in an hour Ill be arriving in sunny San Diego, back in the comfort of my home...

No comments:

Post a Comment