Thursday, August 27, 2009

#62: From Excitement To Typical

I woke up with the blaring song of Springsteen's Born To Run. It's my alarm. It was set at 6:30am. Time to wake up Nadire. She moaned and said 5 more minutes. That's fine I thought. Her school doesn't start in an hour.

Few minutes later, I heard her jumped into the shower as I fell back to sleep. I woke up an hour later and she was gone. So were Josh and Deirdre. The house is now empty and strangely quiet. It's another hot summer day.

I quickly scanned today's calendar and nothing's exciting. Good I sigh as I took a quick shower. Just 5 minutes according to the city officials, we're in a water crisis. Fine I said to myself.

My office is just a 10 minute drive. As usual no traffic. Of course, Chula Vista is considered a boring city (that according to Deirdre).

I scanned the parking lot in my office. There's a few car's already parked but I can''t see my assistant's car around. Great, he's not in yet. I hate arriving first because it means I have to disarm the building alarm. I always think I'm gonna mess it up and imagine police cars rushing in and shouting at me to get down on my knees.

As I was about to open my office, I felt someone's walking behind me. I slowly turned around and there she was. She was walking towards me. She was wearing a green striped tops and a tight jeans that seems to cling around her magnificent curve. She has a long black hair that's freely flowing pass her shoulder. For a moment, I thought I was watching a shampoo commercial but this time it was all in slow motion. She was smiling and with all my confusion and what not, she seems to be saying something that sound blurry to me.

She greeted me and asked if I have time later in the day. She wants to go over some numbers with some accounts she' s working on. All I can do is nod as if I forgot to speak. "Perfect", she said. She smiled again and turned her back as her hair swayed. There goes the commercial again I thought.

I finally made it to my office without triggering the alarm. I sat there for a few minutes and contemplate on what my day would be.

I realized that aside from an early excitement, today turned out to be just another day. I closed my eyes and suddenly I heard Springsteen singing again "...Baby this town rips the bones from your back, Its a death trap, it's a suicide rap, We gotta get out while were young, `cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run"

I didn't finish the song in my head as I was interrupted again. "Good Morning Boss, coffee?'. It was my assistant. Sure why not I said...

No comments:

Post a Comment