Saturday, August 22, 2009

#57: Lemon Detox Diet anyone?

I first heard of the lemon detox diet from a co-worker. She told me that she heard it works so she's looking for someone to try it with.

Oh no...yet another form of diet. So before I said yes, I wanted to know what I'm getting into. I research about it and found tons of information about this diet. The diet seems to be very simple. All you need is to mix a freshly squeezed lemon, maple syrup (organic) and cayenne pepper in an 8 oz of very cold water.

On some information I read, you need to drink at least 60 oz. a day for 7-10 days and avoid eating anything. How can I survive not eating anything for 7 days, I asked. There's no way I can do this. For one, I am working out at least 4-5 times a week. Where will I get strength to lift weights?

I finally found one information that seems to fit my needs. You can read it here.

Detox cleansing drinks will help you excrete extra waste from your body and will help you lose water weight, but this weight loss is temporary. To use this diet effectively, you need to combine the lemon detox diet with healthy eating and adequate exercise. The beverage will help you shed water weight and clean out your colon, but it will not help your body lose fat unless combined with a proper diet and exercise.
So I told my co-worker, I'm in. I started my first drink two weeks ago. The taste is surprisingly good. It's more like a spicy (because of the cayenne) lemonade drink. But the effect is quite noticeable as I kept going to the restroom to relieve my bladder (so this is the detox part). I also felt sleepy by mid-afternoon.

To keep up with my workout, I also increased my protein (eggs, chicken breast, fish or tuna) intake, increase my fruits and veggies and reduce my carb (rice, pasta) intake.

I did the lemon detox for a week and slowly went back to my normal eating habit on the second week and the result? Well I weigh myself today and I actually lost 6 pounds and feel much healthier. Not bad huh?

Diets worked differently to every individuals but this drink combined with exercise and healthy foods actually worked for me. It might work for you to, so try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment