Saturday, August 8, 2009

#43: Good (not so) old friends

The last time I saw Elite (Emilie Trinidad Bandayrel) (at least from what we think we both remember) was in 1993. It was during another friends' (Liberty and Pancho) wedding. Then we lost touch.

I finally had a chance to meet her today. She's in town with her husband and classmates in High School.

I met with her party at goldilocks in national city. I can see they miss Filipino food a lot as they ate their hearts out with crispy pata, sisig, pansit, rice and halo halo. I would have loved to join in but I'm on a strict diet.

Anyway, I drove them around National City and Chula Vista then finally headed to the border between the U.S. and Mexico which is just 10 miles away. Some of us wanted to actually enter Tijuana but not everyone had their passport handy.

We end up instead at Las Americas Premium Outlets which is located just on the U.S. side of the border. Going to the outlet is a little bit tricky because of it's proximity to the Mexican border. When you're driving, you have to watch the sign that say "last exit to the U.S.". If you miss the turn, you will end up on the other side.

The girls did a little (or maybe a lot) of shopping, while we guys enjoyed the "site seeing".

Unfortunately I have to excuse myself as I have some errands to do. It's a saturday and it's my usual grocery day.

I rarely go out since I really don't have friends in San Diego but having good old friends visit me makes my day a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment