Monday, August 24, 2009

#59: College Buddies

Today I finally got a chance to re-connect with my college buddies through facebook.

I attended University of the East (U.E) Caloocan, College of Engineering majoring in Electronics and Communication in 1983-1989. I remember it was during this time when the school were in some kind of financial difficulty. In fact it was almost sold to a school based in the U.S. who promoted the practice of transcendental meditation. But it was averted due to protest by the students. Soon the government has to step in and save the longest running University in the Philippines.

U.E. wasn't as high profile as La Salle or Ateneo, but what made it worthwhile was I was hanging out with friends that has the same dream as I am of finishing college. As far as I know we all made it and become engineers.

With the permission of Kuya Manny Rulle, here's a snap shot of our group during a trip to matabungkay beach. Guess where I am in the pic?


During this outing, I think 3 of us didn't have partners. So we were kicked out of the cabin while those who had, had the luxury of sleeping inside.

Staring at this picture, I can't help rewinding 20 or so years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment