Monday, December 14, 2009

#170: Speak softly love

Today is my late father's birthday.He would have been 75 years old. I've talked a lot about him in this post and this too. My mom was never the same when he died. I know she missed him a lot. We do too.

Anyway, I heard my mom cooked  Arroz Caldo and Lechon (easy on the skins mom!) to celebrate his birthday. For me, I wasn't feeling well today. I have some feeling of sadness as I recall how he has been great with our family and how he worked hard (to the point of exhaustion at times) to provide the best I father could give to his children.

Aside from his sense of humor, my dad loves to sing. So on this day I am remembering him with one of his favorite song from his favorite movie. I remember how he would hum this song while sitting in front of the house after dinner. Here's to you Pa!



Can't view the video on facebook? click here for the original

No comments:

Post a Comment