Saturday, December 5, 2009

#161: Three great shows

I can't remember the last time a watched a play. Tonight I had a great time watching Josh on stage acting multiple roles (Sgt. Duffy, Bill. Mad Dog Mulligan) in 2 plays. Entitled "Sorry wrong number" and "Nightmare High School".

I definitely like his role as Mad Dog, the psycho Cereal (serial) Killer. He actually killed a Chex Cereal.




The play was well received by almost 100 cheering crowd. One funny quote "We will be the first to discover why students go the restroom before taking the test".


Monk the finale
I arrived early for the play. I was determined and excited to finally watched Josh in his first play. He has been staying after school for two weeks rehearsing.

I finally settled in my sit when it suddenly hit me. It's Friday and it's the last episode of Monk. I totally forgot to set my DVR to record the show. There's no one home and my IPhone apps to access my DVR has been going crazy lately. But I tried it anyway and was surprised that I was able to access my programming and set to record the show. And I was calm.

Anyway, the show finally revealed who killed Trudy. It's a judge who Trudy had a secret affair (and got knocked-up) long before she met Monk. The judge  killed Trudy (and the midwife who delivered their baby) to cover up the affair because he was up for nomination for a higher position. The baby (girl) was hidden from Trudy (she was made to believe her baby died) and was taken away for adoption.

In the end, Monk finally figure it out the puzzle with the help of a taped message of Trudy before she died. The judged was put to jail, Monk finally met Trudy's daughter, Randy Disher moved to New Jersey and married Sharona (Monks former assistant), Capt. Stotellemeyer remained with the force.

Finally Monk remained a police consultant and continue his brilliant crime solving ability with his loyal assitant Natalie Teeger at his side.


And just like that. My friday night TV event ended after almost 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment