Thursday, July 15, 2010

232: Fast Times

 Deirdre passed her driving test after her second try. Her first try I wasn't there. But this time, there's no way I could miss this one. Not even pressing problems at the office can stop me from being there for her. Just seeing her big smile and a sign of thumbs up to me as she alight after a brief run around the block made me feel contented.

Yesterday, I asked Josh how's school (he started his college life this week). I was expecting the usual "fine", or "it's ok" or "I don't know". But to my surprise he said "Amazing, I love College". The sweetest words a parent can hear.

Nadire called me as I was about to munch a big salad bowl at subway (surprisingly I was the only customer) asking how to use the washing machine. She wanted to wash her school bag, all clean and dandy. "Turn to the normal mode, add detergent, set it and forget it", I said.

I hang up the phone, turn to my lunch, I can hear Bob Seger (We've got tonight who needs tomorrow) over the piped-in music. Fast times are here, I thought...and I'm in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment