Tuesday, July 13, 2010

#231: More Name Game

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday. It's the second birthday celebration within three days. After a whirlwind trip to Vegas over the weekend, we decided to take it easy and had a simple dinner at our favorite Chinese Restaurant (by the way, I can say this is the best place to have Chinese.For those who will visit me soon in San Diego, remind me to take you there) .

Nadire (Nadirey) is now 13. As her sister Deirdre, Her name Nadire Irelan has a little bit of story behind it. I got her name when I was attending a U.N. conference in Istanbul in 1996. Nadire was a reporter, she was Turkish and quite a feisty lady. Her second name Irelan was actually the country Ireland (same as Deirdre's Erin) or the famous actress Jill Ireland without the d.

It's not clear what she wants to be at this time. But I always tell her not to worry about it. She's young and should enjoy being just that.One thing's for sure though, she said she'll hire a butler for me before she leaves. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment