Tuesday, June 30, 2009

#4: Take It Easy

I first heard of the song "Take It Easy" in the streets of Beijing (of all places) as I was attending the "Women's Conference" in 1995. This song was released by the Eagles and went on to be a smash hit.

I found out later that this song was actually written first by Jackson Browne and he eventually let Glen Frey finish the song. Browne recalled that the song took a dramatic transformation when Frey coined the phrase "....it's a girl my lord in a flat bed ford slowing down and take at me".

But for me the best part is "...I got seven women on my mind. Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me, and one said she's a friend of mind".

I love to listen to this song when driving! Here's a video of Jackson Browne singing his version of the song.


1 comment: