Thursday, August 5, 2010

237: Unplugged

There was a frantic call from my family back home today as I was about to leave for the office. They saw my posting on Facebook that I will be arriving over the weekend. As I was talking to my brother, I can hear chatters and music in the background. Sounds like everybody's having fun, I told my brother. "Well everyone is going crazy! Are you really coming home?", he asked. I laugh and told him no but don't tell anyone. Of course they know that it was all a joke. But it was a good laugh.

My brother then passed the phone to my mom. She sounds very happy but obviously didn't hide a little sadness due to the fact that she expected me to be there. I told her I was quite disappointed myself but my long awaited trip back home will have to wait. We finally bade our goodbyes as I can hear in the background my brother shouting about phone bills.

It was a great way to start the day. I drove by the California freeway as the morning rush was waning. I turned on the radio and caught Dan Henley (Hotel California Unplugged Live) saying "...and I was thinking to myself this could be heaven or this could be hell....you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave!" Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment