Sunday, January 31, 2010

#205: Mom

I remember my mom would tell us the story on how she got separated from her family during the bombing of Bangued by the Japanese during World War II. She went missing for days. Her parents though they won't see her again. But she lived to raise 6 kids. Became a teacher and later on became the head of the Education Department in Abra for years until she retired. She's one respectable educator, she's a loving wife and a great mother.

I always have a good relationship with my mom: unconditional love and friendship. I can not count how many times I had failed her as a son. But she's always been there. I have witnessed her cry (the most when my dad died) but most of the time I have witnessed her smile and laugh specially when all of her children were around.

My mom is 77 years old today and I pray she will always be with us. I hope I could see here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment